Our Racing Go Karts
The Best Racing Karts in Brisbane!
The big draw card at Slideways – Go Karting Brisbane is the Karts! We have 20 of the latest European state of the art machines, designed for 24-hour endurance go kart racing. They are powered by 9hp four stroke Hondas, which are de-governed! When matched with the 70kg chassis, these are very potent, unlike any other hire kart centre you have seen.
All karts are fitted with an individual timing transponder, which times the karts to an incredible 1/1000th of a second!
Kart: Sodi Kart Chassis, weighing in at 70kg
Engine: 270cc Honda 4 stroke, 9hp (a majority of hire kart centres use 5.5 or 6.5hp engines)
Brakes: Hydraulic rear discs
Tyres: Racing slicks, Dunlops/MG/Bridgestone
Safety: Engine, axle, full side and wheel guides
Special Features: Race steering wheel, adjustable pedals & seat
At Slideways – Go Karting Brisbane the safety of our racers is our number one priority here. We want you to have a safe and fun time while you are with us!
Just some of the safety precautions we have in place are:
- All drivers must read the track safety rules prior to riding
- Track staff give a full safety briefing before each session, and are on hand to give you driving tips and any assistance.
- All karts are fitted with a Tillett racing seat.
- All karts have a total wrap around guard, ensuring wheels cannot tangle.
- The karts feature special engine and axle guards, protecting the driver.
- The track is entirely lined by 800 V8 Supercar tyres and custom made conveyor belt, which are all bolted and strapped together.
- Grid staff supervise all sessions.
- All drivers are issued with helmets and hairnets. Own helmets may be worn, but they must be full face with suitable eye protection.
Share with your friends